TUFLOW FV Builds 2020.01 and later include .rpm and .deb installer package options. These installer packages have been setup to provide an easier process to install or uninstall multiple TUFLOW FV builds on your Linux OS. The installers have currently been tested on CentOS and Ubuntu (They should also work on other Red Hat and Debian distributions but testing is recommended). If you would like an rpm or deb built for commercial releases prior to 2020.01 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To license TUFLOW FV on Linux you will need to install and configure Codemeter User Runtime Package for Linux (.rpm or .deb options are available) https://www.wibu.com/support/user/user-software.html. If running any of our tutorial models then Codemeter is not required.
RPM Install Process
- Download the .rpm for the specific TUFLOW FV build you require (2020.01 or later) from https://www.tuflow.com/FV%20All%20Download.aspx
- Save to your Linux machine/system. A common location is the home folder for the current user ~/
- Run the preferred installation command. For example: sudo rpm -ivh ~/tuflowfv-2020.01-2020.01.003-1.x86_64.rpm or yum install ~/tuflowfv-2020.01-2020.01.003-1.x86_64.rpm
- This installs a version specific copy of the libraries the specific version of TUFLOW FV needs to run to /usr/local/lib and the executable and version configuration script to /usr/local/bin. The configuration script contains the following commands: #!/bin/bash export SCRIPT_DIR=$(dirname "$0") export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$SCRIPT_DIR/../lib/tuflowfv-2020.01:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ulimit -s unlimited > /dev/null $SCRIPT_DIR/tuflowfv-2020.01/tuflowfv-2020.01 "$@" Note: The contents of these scripts should not be modified as they are part of the installation setup.
- To uninstall run the preferred uninstaller command. For example: sudo rpm -e tuflowfv-2020.01-2020.01.003-1.x86_64 or sudo yum remove tuflowfv-2020.01-2020.01.003-1.x86_64 If unsure about which versions you have previously installed you can return a list of all the installed versions via: rpm -qa | grep fv or yum list installed | grep fv
DEB Install Process
The process for .deb essentially the same for the .rpm steps 2-5. For step 3 and 5 the install and uninstall command examples below are for Debian derivatives. For example:
sudo apt-get install ./tuflowfv-2020.01_2020.01.003-1_amd64.deb
sudo apt remove tuflowfv-2020.01 (to remove the program)
If unsure about which versions you have previously installed you can return a list of all the installed versions via:
apt list --installed | grep fv
Running A Model
For either Linux distributions TUFLOW FV can be run by calling
tuflowfv_2020.01 or by passing it a configuration file name:
Model specific commands such as the
export OMP_NUM_THREADS environment variable can either be added via the command line, or in your own custom run script that call the configuration file name, for example run_model.sh:
Once saved the script 'run_model.sh' will need to be configured to run as an executable as follows:
chmod +x run_model.sh
Return To Home Page
Return to Wiki Home Page.