New User Guide Local Licences
This section is relevant for people with a Local TUFLOW licence. Please refer to Free DEMO Version New User Guide if you don't have a licence or Network Licence New User Guide if you have a Network licence.
Note: If links are not active in this page please view the site using Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge
- Download the latest executable and manual from the TUFLOW website.
Note: TUFLOW is a standalone console application. As such, it doesn't require installation to run.
- Download and install the Licencing Dongle Drivers (CodeMeter RunTime Kit): Installing Licensing Software
- Plug your new Local licence dongle (USB) into your computer. If you have recently received a dongle from the TUFLOW sales team it should already have your licences coded to it.
- Double click the TUFLOW Executable (for example TUFLOWFV.exe). A DOS window should open. Review the licence information listed. Check the licence types and numbers associated with your configuration (the licence types and numbers will be different to the example shown below).
Press enter to close the DOS window.
Note: Local TUFLOW licences are associated with the USB dongle. All computers running TUFLOW must have Licencing Dongle Drivers (CodeMeter RunTime Kit) installed and the USB dongle plugged in for a simulation to initialise. The Licence Update Request and Import steps listed above should only be required once annually to provide access to new major releases of the software (unless licence configuration changes are requested).
- You are now ready to start TUFLOW modelling.
- Download the relevant TUFLOW Tutorial Dataset for your licence: TUFLOW FV Tutorial Models
- User documentation is available from the Tutorial Model section of the Wiki. Learn how to use TUFLOW by following the documentation and software user manual: TUFLOW FV Tutorial Documentation
- Run TUFLOW using the options listed in the Running TUFLOW section of the Wiki: TUFLOW FV Run Options
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any technical questions or email@example.com if you would like to rent additional licences temporarily, purchase additional licences or add-on modules. Price information is available from the TUFLOW Website